Opportunity With TUC
Position: Ontario Biologist Office Location: Guelph
Hours: 40 hrs/week, 2 year contract (with potential for a permanent position)
Start Date: January 5, 2015
This is a management position. Support Trout Unlimited Canada’s monitoring, assessment and restoration programs in various watershed throughout Ontario. Duties will include supervision of junior contract staff, summer students and volunteers. Coordination of volunteer and restoration workdays. Ensure the successful development and implementation of budgets and projects. Liaising and providing technical and scientific support to Ontario Chapters. Administrative duties will include reporting and participation in fundraising activities. Responsible for major fundraising for restoration projects (targets to be set).
- Post secondary degree in ecology, conservation or biology
- minimum of 5 year of experience in related position
- understanding of biological and physical processes in aquatic systems
- ability to reliably identify and assess issues and develop appropriate solutions
- expertise in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- demonstrated success in grant writing
- project management skills
- strong time management skills
- strong technical writing and communication skills
- strong public outreach and communication skills
- demonstrated leadership and staff management skills
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and grow as a professional
Deadline for Submission: Friday, November 21, 4:00 pm
Please Submit By Mail to:
Trout Unlimited Canada
27 Woodlawn Road West, Unit 1
Guelph, ON, N1H 1G8
or via email.
Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please refrain from following up once you have sent your submission, we are unable to reply to all those who follow-up.
To download a PDF version of this job posting please click here.