Second Notice and Call for Presenters
Annual General MeetingFebruary 25th – February 27th,2016
Geneva Park, Orillia, ON
Join us for our 2016 Annual Meeting andConference at the YMCA Geneva Park ConferenceCenter, on the shores of Lake Couchiching inOrillia
“Celebrating Evidence-Based Decision Making in Ontario and Abroad”
We are currently seeking oral and poster presenters for the 2016 AFS-OC Annual General Meeting and Conference. Interested presenters should provide their topics by February 3rd and abstracts must be submitted by February 10th. Poster presentations are also welcome. Presentationsare being solicited for all aquatic resource topics, and oncompleted studies, preliminary results, or case studies. Once topics are approved, abstracts should be submitted as email attachments in Microsoft Word format to Jessica Wright ([email protected]).
Registration is now available through our Online Store!
Early bird prices in effect until February 11th!
Just a few reasons we hope to see you there:
· Keynote speaker – CARS Legend of Canadian Fisheries Science and Management – Dr. Henry Regier!
· Discounted rates and a travel bursary for members and students!
· Students are eligible for the E.J. Crossman Award for best student oral presentation.
· The OBN Award for best student poster andOutstanding Mentor Award will also be presented.
· AFS-OC Mentorship Program “Doing science, being relevant, earning employment”.
· You will make connections with great like-minded (fish) people!
· Ice fishing