Summer research assistantships are available with Nick Mandrak’s lab at the University of Toronto (Scarborough). See: JobDescription_FieldAssistant_UTSC for more details.
Summer Research Assistantships
- International Fisheries Science Prize – call for nominati... — The International Section of AFS is requesting nominations for the International Fisheries Science Prize (IFSP). The prize recognizes an individual for her or his contribution to fisheries science, comes with a medal of recognition, a plaque, and a $5000 USD prize. The award is presented at the World Fisheries Congress, which occurs every four years (next = Adelaide in 2020). [...]
- Fisheries Technician (EG-03) posting with DFO Inu... — Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) are advertising to fill two fisheries technician positions at their Inuvik location (Northwest Territories); one term position, and one indeterminate. These are exciting opportunities for individuals who have an interest in working in Canada’s western Arctic on various field-based programs focused on fish and marine mammals, and delivered in partnership with co-management partners, communities, and [...]
- Larkin Award Announcement – 2018 Winn... — Peter A. Larkin Award for Excellence in Fisheries at a Canadian Institution – 2018 Results This year, a total of 8 MSc students and 14 PhD candidates applied for the Peter A. Larkin Award for Excellence in Fisheries. Ten Canadian Institutions were represented by the pool of applicants: University of Victoria, University of British Columbia, University of Northern British Columbia, [...]
- PhD and MSc positions to study Atlantic Salmon biol... — Applications are being accepted for Ph.D. students to work on a large, NSERC Funded project examining the migration biology of Atlantic salmon smolts relative to aquaculture sites in eastern Canada, and the role of pathogen expression on salmon behaviour, physiology, and survival. The positions are based at Dalhousie University and the Ocean Tracking Network, in the lab of Dr Glenn Crossin. Students will also work closely with [...]
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Available at University of Toronto Scarboro... — Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Available Mandrak Lab University of Toronto Scarborough Fish Community Change in Space and Time The Mandrak lab, University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC), has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow to conduct research on quantifying changes in fish communities along an urban to rural to forest gradient. The research will be conducted at three scales. A global analysis [...]